CodeReview: Tool for reviewing and printing code
CodeReview formats code reviewing, printing, or posting on a web site. It converts source files syntax highlighted XHTML, and can perform a diff before formatting.
- Review individual files or entire directories.
- Diff, highlight, and print all from one tool.
- XHTML output for saving, printing, or publishing on the web
- Shows differences between versions of code: highlights additions and deletions including line numbers
Syntax highlighting for the following languages:
C++, C#, Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, VBScript, IDL, XML, HTML, Make files,
- Provide statistics such as changed lines, deleted lines, total lines, etc.
- GUI or command-line interface
- Customizable CSS for printing and on-screen display.
CodeReview - v1.0.1 - Windows (last updated 2009/04/25 changes)
Samples and documentation
Full sample of the output from CodeReview. This was generated from 2 versions of Motherboard.cpp from Node. It shows highlighting, differencing, and line-wrapping.
This is a screen shot of the command-line help provided by CodeReview.
- CodeReview is limited to source files of ~65535 lines.
- Removing the first line of a multiline comment causes the entire comment to be marked as deleted. This is a problem with the HTML output when performing syntax highlighting.
- Some interesting PERL syntax such as q// and qw// strings and delimited strings do not syntax highlight properly.
- Limitations when running under Mono:
- Codereview may run slowly. (Fix pending)
- It may also give you an ArgumentOutOfRangeException. To work around this, disable tab expansion by adding -t 0 to the command-line. (Fix pending)
- The GUI version is designed for WinForms and does not work under Mono. You must use the command-line version.